SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Protection Manager will serve as the overall technical lead for the Protection programme and will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision of our organization response in El Salvador as the team launches programming in the country (initial programme of 6 month to be focused in/around the San Salvador area). The Senior Protection Manager will be responsible for the implementation of all aspects of a quality, protection response combining information sharing, access to information on rights and entitlements, access to services and basic needs assistance, risk reduction, vulnerable case identification and referrals and specialized programming for women and children.
• Provide technical and management leadership to the start-up and implementation of the Protection Programme in accordance with best practices and policies of our organization
• Contributes to the development of any revision of the El Salvador Programme Strategy planning and documentation during and at the end of the initial 6-month pilot phase
• Provides technical guidance on confidential and safe data collection, case identification, safe information sharing and referral mechanisms in line with internationally recognised best practices.
• Support, as needed, the identification of key partners working with targeted persons of concern for partnerships based around acute basic need provision (cash programming) and capacity building/programme expansion for protection programming.
• Support to improve quality of specialized services available in country in addition to contributing to the standardization of protection protocol and SOP’s.
• Participate in coordination mechanisms at the national, and, as appropriate, at the sub-national, level.
• Based on experience during the pilot phase of the organization in El Salvador, support articulation of a broader programme strategy (if indicated) to include considerations for longer timeframe, geographic scale up, and increased direct service provision.
• As needed, support the El Salvador Head of Mission to pursue new funding opportunities to deliver on the initial program strategy and/or to support an eventual scale up.
• Lead the overall implementation of the Protection programme and provide guidance to the protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the project is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner
• Prepare program work plans that meet the program objectives and prepare appropriate operational guidelines for project staff;
• Ensure that project activities are implemented within the assigned budget parameters, manage all financial aspects of the protection programs, approve relevant expenses and review expenditures, in consultation with the Finance Team;
• Advanced degree preferred; in social work, psychology, human rights, international law, social science or related field.
• Five plus years of experience implementing child protection, women’s protection and/or protection programming in an emergency or complex emergency and security contexts, with demonstrable understanding of the relevance of international humanitarian law and human rights law to humanitarian action; Professional experience in the Northern Triangle region is required, experience in El Salvador preferred.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of international child protection and women’s protection standards and best practice
• Applied experience in mental health anand psychosocial support programming;
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff, as well as identified partner organizations.
• Strong program and budget management skills including planning and reporting across multiple grants;
• Fluency in Spanish and English is required
• INGO experience required
Ciudad: todo el pais
Job Description •Assists Assembly Manager in all evolving support needs (including duties such as production calendar booking, updating schedules and documents...
Desde Pgs - San Salvador
Publicado hace 11 días