A Finance Settlement Clerk is responsible for assisting, coordinating, and executing various tasks related to the setup and management of Agent settlement in the Americas. The position interacts with various departments within the company, as well as with outside vendors and agents, in the execution of projects to install Smart Safes, Armored Service, Deposit to Account processing, among other related activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support Finance Operations with management, implementation and processes for large Smart Safe rollout project
- Includes managing Excel database of existing and current locations
- Providing excellent customer service to existing agents
- Work with our banking partners to resolve issues and manage solutions accordingly
- Manage projects that involve calling agents and instructing on new policies, procedures and opportunities
- Manage processes to improve inventory management of deposit tickets/deposit bags for our network of agents (US and Canada)
- Support Finance Operations team with ad-hoc projects and analysis as necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency for existing processes and projects
- Verify that all agent payments have been applied correctly.
- Research deposits reported by banks with no agent information. This task includes weekly and monthly reports.
- Analyze and post the returned items and adjustments received from the bank.
- Collect and provide appropriate documentation to banks in order to support claims for corrections or research of adjustments.
- Assist with month end reconciliation and closing procedures
- Create reports with basic formulas in Excel.
- Interact with customers and coworkers by email or telephone in order to resolve any concerns regarding accounting or banking issues.
- Understand the multiple procedural requirements that vary between banks.
- Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with financial transactions
- Proficient with– Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Knowledge of Money Transfer Industry a plus
- Knowledge of basic Finance principles preferred
- Attention to Detail
- Superb Customer Service Skills
- Team Driven Attitude
- Completed College course work preferred
- General knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines
- Strong problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to type letters and numbers accurately
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Minimum AA degree in Accounting, Management or related field
- Will consider previous work experience in lieu of formal education